www.tylerchinappi.com / email@example.com / https://www.linkedin.com/in/tylerchinappi/
Oak Park, California, 91377 / 818-665-6204
A dynamic, self-motivated Graphic Designer with a keen eye for detail. Possesses an enthusiastic approach to all tasks, with a strong ability to conceptualize unique ideas and bring those concepts to fruition. Equipped to support and enhance the integrity and reputation of a brand. Knowledgeable in utilizing design software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D and HTML5. Adept communication and interpersonal skills useful for collaborating with colleagues and external members to facilitate operations. A dedicated, resourceful, organized individual, excited to help define a company in revolutionizing creative thinking in the graphic design industry.
Areas of Expertise
Graphic & Digital Design, Layout & Typography, Multimedia, StoryBoarding, Motion Graphics, Adobe Creative Suite, Customer Service, Project Management, Visual Ideation, Marketing & Promotions, Quality Assurance/Proofing
Bachelor of Arts, Multimedia, Visual Effects, Motion Graphics & Animation, August 2017
California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA
Cum Laude, GPA 3.64/4.00
Designworks - Agoura Hills, CA, December 2017 - January 2018
Initiated role as an intern with the company, learning firsthand about designing key art for entertainment marketing and advertising. Gained valuable experience learning alongside graphic designers specializing in creating vibrant eye-catching key art, dynamic and creative campaigns, posters, sell sheets, banners, catalogs, trade ads and trailers.
KERN - an Omnicom Agency, Woodland Hills, CA, September 2017 - October 2017
Graphic Designer/Studio Artist (Freelance)
Employ design knowledge and technical skills within an advertising agency to create print and digital marketing materials, in sync with developed brand strategy to convey the promotional vision of the business for both B2C and B2B clients. Successfully, deliver quality assurance on creative assets with proofing while checking for accuracy and consistency in layout and text formatting.
- Develop and execute production-ready graphics and marketing materials for print and digital delivery, adhering to brand style guides per art direction/client direction in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Work collaboratively with team to ensure all design solutions meet deadlines, objectives and budget parameters.
- Able to remain organized, flexible and with strong attention to detail through multiple revisions.
- Manage multiple client projects details and ensure all materials are proofed for error-free corrections and content.
- Efficiently edit, prep and maintain files through pre-press processes for release to vendors.
Calvary Community Church, Westlake Village, CA, June 2017 – August 2017
Graphic Design Intern
Gain valuable experience teaming with industry professionals that provide useful feedback and guidance. Develop create packages for print and digital formats (posters, flyers, banners, social media content, website) effectively employing quality control with proofing, revisions and verifying error-free corrections of layout, content and text formatting. Accomplish all tasks as outlined in daily checklist. Work independently and with others to accomplish day to day activities.
- Successfully created and developed print and digital artwork while under the art direction of the Executive Director of Communications.
- Effectively communicated and partnered with team members to develop and produce content/material with clear and impactful messages specific to art direction.
- Applied skills in typography to create appealing layouts for print and digital forms.
- Verified printouts for error-free corrections and content, reviewing graphics, layouts and fonts.
- Accurately prepared final press-ready files for printing, and files for online and digital formats.
California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA, August 2015 - May 2017
Executed learned skills through the completion of several multimedia projects throughout undergraduate career utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D. Strengthened design and production skills, and acquired useful information regarding developing professionalism as a designer. Performed several design related tasks such as photography, video production, video editing, motion graphics, animation, visual effects, graphic design, digital design, presentations and visual creation.
- Anchored the presentation and creation of captivating visuals, animation and motion graphics for several projects.
- Created hand drawn storyboard illustrations to promote and support visual concepts and inventiveness.
- Produced and edited videos in Premiere to enhance quality and implemented interactive aspects to increase appeal.
- Created fundamental 3D concepts with texture, including set up and lighting scenes while implementing basic animation techniques.
Caruso, Los Angeles, CA, June 2014 - August 2015
Marketing Intern, June 2015 – August 2015
Served an essential role as Project Assistant in the 2015 Special Olympics. Coordinated the athlete luncheon and streamlined the set up of music and entertainment.
- Spearheaded the management and tracking of the Preferred Dining Card program database.
- Tactfully utilized successful promotional strategies to promote events and increase turnout.
- Formulated effectual marketing techniques to propel the brand of the company into the forefront and capture the loyalty of customers.
Operations Intern, June 2014 - August 2014
Initiated role as an intern with the company, learning extensively about the industry.
- Conducted property inspections of all retail centers; generating recommendation reports.
- Designed and implemented property landscape enhancements to improve property value and visual appeal.
- Served as a liaison for the Operation Team; delivered exceptional customer service and remained attentive to tenants.
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Premiere, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Universal Type Client, Keynote, Cinema 4D,
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), HTML 5, Mac OS and all social media platforms.